Originally Posted By: Snakes
I'm sure if Accardo wanted something done it got done but how much could he have really wanted? The guy was a millionaire and living in a different state for half of the year. Hell, Cerone was practically acting for Aiuppa himself right before the Strawman case broke.

Really good point. What would Accardo want, other than better health, that he didn't have? I've talked to numerous people about this and they all say he was was semi-retired, but still involved to some degree. Most said he and Aiuppa were pretty tight. They both had residences in Palm Springs, but Accardo was practically living there until his health deteriorated to the point that he needed assistance. My guess is that Accardo and Aiuppa conferred on Outfit business and probably agreed on a course of action or, Aiuppa went ahead with whatever he wanted to do. Why would Accardo care what he did? I don't believe there's a policy or procedure for a graceful exit out of the Outfit; you just gradually retreat and let someone else take over. It appears J. DiFronzo made a similar exit. Just my two cents.