That type of bookmaking is mostly gone but still some old schoolers out there

The major books are run in Costa Rica where it legal and also less face to face , plus cheap

All internet now and why they could get so big . My guess would be volumes are big today but I could be wrong , but I do know the guys that run a good book are not hurting for $. Just don't forget they lost their numbers / lottery biz as the government stole it ( lol ).

Who the bank is is anyone's guess but depends on the territory, It's no secret in NJ the L and G have gaming ops that will never go away ( how long has bet eagle and Catalina been around , lol ) , each crew has their package " group of bettors " where they get a cut of the groups losses. this is where many associates get on , helping with the book and good things usually happen to the guy that can grow a biz

It comes down to the individual crew and how well they can grow their market share . Take the Gs for instance, with all that Philly shit going on don't think for a minute they didn't seize the opps in SJ and even into Philly . I'm sure the other fam did the same .

I've always heard North P worked with the Ls ( again could be total hear say )

Just one last note outside of gambling , their influence has obviously waned significantly but with 700 or so guys , there isn't a racket they aren't into be it lending ( legit and not ) unions , construction , trucking , bars , burglary , hot goods , counterfeit goods , real estate scams- which btw is rarely discussed but was HUGE $ pre crisis for some. Scores are happening all the time in all areas except maybe fish ( something I learned from a poster and which I believe , which I normally wouldn't as although they have been knocked down in certain industries a lot , it's hard to totally eliminate their presence ) .

The consistent earners , strong crews , well those are the smart ones that take these earnings and plowed them into legit industries or assets and for the most part these are the guys running things today in NY/NJ at least .

brokersters usually have costly habits

Something I've been curious about is who is making in roads to areas where soccor is growing rather quickly , now that would be smart . Hell I played football from 7 into college and even bet on soccer ( world , euro cup etc ) lol pathetic I know yet I won't touch Bball or hockey