Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
[b] Thanks DV. I don't want to hear this again:

"It wasn't what I EXPECTED! WAHHHHHH! Where is the rest of the book?!?!"

:p
So expectations before a movie are bad? [/b][/quote]EDIT: Misread the post. No, expectations are not bad but they shouldn't effect the movies. I expected a Goodfellas-esque movie with Mean Streets and got something completely different. That doesn't mean I immediately disliked it because it was different. If I go into something expecting arthouse and get something different I'm not gonna shun the movie away.

95% of the people who hated Last Days expected a Cobain biopic or at least an entertaining depiction of one's last days. But as one person at IMDB said perfectly when someone commented on the lack of events.

"What do you think would happen?" The film feels like you're watching something very true to life. Van Sant really turned out his best so far, and I find it to be the best of this year so far. It deserves awards for it's cinematography, original song, direction, and a nomination for Pitt's very humane portrayal of a drug-addicted burn-out musician. But of course the Academy won't do it. They'll give their awards to something much more generic.

Hell, Last Days can be compared to Nirvana's material. Off-beat progressive. But of course, the Academy wants "radio-friendly" picks.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006