I watched Elvis on TV in the Fifties, when he shook America to its roots. Always exciting, always the master showman. I had quite a few of his records, too. Saw "Love Me Tender" when it was released. I kinda lost touch with Elvis after he was drafted. But the comeback specials were very well done.

Below is a link to his first TV appearance, in January 1956. What's interesting here is how "the old order passeth" with this appearance. He was on the Tommy Dorsey Show. Dorsey was one of America's biggest Big Band leaders of the Thirties and Forties. But he was smart enough to see Elvis's potential. Note at the end of this video that he says he'll have Elvis back the next week. Also note that Elvis doesn't sing "Heartbreak Hotel," his first big single on RCA Records. He sings two songs originally recorded by Big Joe Turner, the Boss of the Blues: "Shake, Rattle and Roll," and "Flip, Flop and Fly."
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu6tjv_19560128-elvis-presley-dorsey-brothers-stage-show-1_music

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.