Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Pizza, you know I like you and hold onto you in the highest regard, so I was asking if this was the case downtown as well? Now I know the cops and firefighters aren't paid what they get paid in Jersey, but it seems a lot of families sold and made millions or hundreds of thousands downtown that moved their families out to the suburbs for generations as well?

Not really. Like Helen and I both said, the heart and soul were the renters. And NYC fireman earn comparable money with overtime, but it's still impossible for them to afford Manhattan. One of my many gripes about gentrification. They can't live where they protect and serve. And that's obscene.

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
PS you never answered my question if you've ever hung out at the Nassau Bar before (great Mets bar BTW) LOL???

I've been there a few times. And like Padrone, I remember when it was Keno's. Different neighborhood now, though.

And I like you, too, Dante. You're a nice, respectful kid. And don't be insulted by kid. Anyone young enough to be my son will always be a kid to me smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.