Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Fidi is becoming a popular destination for 20 somethings that wabt to stay in Manhattan. Cheaper rents.

Yeah, 2k for a studio instead of $2500. Let them stay wherever the fuck they were born. You have no idea how many blue-collar people have been driven out of Lower Manhattan. No idea whatsoever. But that's probably because you don't understand what it means to be blue collar anyway.

I'm not being deliberately mean, Mighty. You know I like you. A lot. But Lower Manhattan used to be as blue collar as some of the nicer parts of the Old Bronx. And you have no idea how much it annoys a true New Yorker to see this shit happen. No idea at all.

And I'm in real estate. Buildings that I fucking OWN with my family, and one of them is half a block from Washington Square Park. So if I feel this way, can you imagine how these poor families felt about getting chased from their own neighborhoods, where they've lived for generations, by a bunch of midwesterners and suburbanites who think they deserve a New York City birthright because they're gay or call themselves hipsters?

It's just a very sore point with me. It's nothing personal. Like I said, I like you a lot.

Pizza, you know I'm a New Jerseyan that works in Midtown Manhattan, but A LOT of the old timers I talk to that OWNED their places sold them and made a fortune and thats what was the catalyst to spring generations of their families out to the suburbs of Jersey, Staten Island, Connecticut, Westchester, Etc

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 08/13/15 07:45 PM.