Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Anytime cheech. You can pick it up at like one if the two Barnes and Noble left in CT.

Amazing how BN put 90 percent of long-time, family-owned bookstores out of business virtually overnight back in the '90s, and now they're slowly but surely getting torched by Internet sales and the almighty ebook. Some would call that justice.

I do enjoy Barnes and Noble because you can sit there for an hour or two with a cup of coffee and a real book (I rarely read a book on my tablet unless it's absolutely necessary). But they're dropping like flies. The Borders chain has been done for a few years now. It's only a matter of time for BN. What comes around goes around.

There's a BN 5 miles from my house. Right down PCH, perfect stop right before my old National Guard Armory to print school work for free (I ain't gotta printer....I mean I can not afford a printer, and I do all my computer work via my Google Chromebook). I love the whole wall of magazines they have. Great place to read a "Soldier of Fortune" infront of the bleeding heart types and yoga pants moms. Not a bad place to meet girls, if you do it right, that is. Neat little Starbucks attached to it also.

To be honest, Ima gonna miss BN. I love their bargain books area near the registers. Their kiosks with their Nook tablet (how's that compare to a Kindle that gets Wifi anyway?)
I'm 26, and there's been the same black guy workin' at that BN since I was at least 13. I remember buying a Larry Elder book from him.

Oh, memories.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer