Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (one of my favorite authors) is also a great novel along the lines of dystopian

She was batshit crazy, but that's one of the greatest novels of all time. Sicilian Babe (who rarely posts anymore, and only in General Discussion) and I are huge fans.

A lot of people I've spoken to feel the same way about her. One person actually called her "evil," I have a soft spot since she has been an influential figure in my political and personal ideological journey, maybe as I get older I will have different view of her.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Ayn Rand was insane. I've heard the book is good, though, if you can Wade through her politics. Which is probably impossible for me.

I would definitely check it out it is amazing some of the story is very relevant to issues today which the major criticism was that America would never turn into was she wrote. She goes over her points constantly in the book, even dedicating 70 page speech to it. I enjoy that part of her work, I can't agree 100% with her views but some of them I do

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
The book I was referring to before is called "Scorecasting"... Good shit.

I will definitely check this out thanks for the suggestion

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life