@Serp: some of this you know and may not know but I read that in the 70s he was having an affair with the neice of the Marconi brothers and they proceeded to find out about it and immediately disapproved of it for whatever reasons they had. The Marconi's in turn went to Bruno and asked for permission to have Chuckie killed and Scarfo went to the table in Chuckie's defense and had him spared due to Ange not wanting to upset the Piccolos. But this incident seemed pretty serious and might have affected Chuckie's prospects for getting made on top of the fact that no one was made in the 70s due to Bruno not opening the books to anyone, which incidentally was another major point of contention and one of many factors for breeding discontent within Bruno's facticous underlings. It wasn't until Testa became boss after Bruno was killed that people started getting made and they initiated that big group almost right after Testa became boss. Bruno didn't want to make anyone supposedly because people felt he was greedy and didn't want to share anything more than he had to nor did he really need to make anyone else as he was all set as far as he was concerned. My impression is Phil Leonetti was Scarfo's real power in AC and Chuckie was his real power in the streets in Philly hence his swift rise behind Scarfo. As far as Chuckie's history before being made goes I wasn't aware that his father was a made guy? Was he made under Bruno as far as you know? I thought that was always from Philly and he was so tightly entrenched with Scarfo that he literally followed him to AC when he went there in the 60s but was sort of also based in Philly as Scarfo's guy in Philly (Joey and his mom and sisters all grew up on 9th & Jackson and I was under the impression never left?). I thought it was Yogi and his family that was the Merlino that actually moved to AC with Nicky and settled down there, but I could be wrong on all of that?