Interesting, guys.

Joseph De Fede isn't mentioned once in D'Arco's book which I find quite interesting, considering he was the next acting boss after D'Arco. Pretty much every other Lucchese mobster from Hill, Burke, DeSimone and Vario to the DiPalermo's to Crea and Migliore to the obvious ones (Amuso, Casso, Corallo, Furnari) get mentioned, but not Little Joe.

One more thing. Before Al turned, people had their guard up around him - Jimmy Ida seemed to have his number. It's covered in the book, but I think I seen this story fleshed out somewhere else on the web in greater detail. Al seemed to gaining a bit of distrust. Whether this was Amuso & Casso feeding disinformation and/or paranoia...

His story about the attempted hit at The Kimberly Hotel seems to be a case of extreme paranoia. If they were going to whack him & Avellino, why didn't they complete the job on Avellino after D'Arco scarpered?

And besides Avellino was a huge earner for the family and held in even greater esteem than D'Arco.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.