Almost finished Mob Boss. It's very good but I can't help the feeling that D'Arco is overestimating his importance and his toughness.

I don't get the impression he had so much an issue with Amuso and Casso increasing bloodlust and targeting of families, rather he turned tail after they turned on him for duplicitous accounts of where money was going.

I find him a pretty skeevy character. He seems TOO ethical. When in reality he was probably divesting Lucchese family funds for himself, he says he was selflessly giving it to people who needed it e.g. wives and families when someone was going to the can. I don't buy it. I think he was duplicitous about accounts of where the money was going.

He probably wasn't any more dynamic than De Fede or Daidone in the acting boss role. He was probably nothing more than a figurehead or a mouthpiece. In reality, he was probably nothing but a puppet; lacking in the same compunction that Casso & Amuso did.

E.G. The Chiodo hit. Come on, his son Joseph was probably as inept as the other shooters, but he is absolved of the bungling of that hit in the book.

It's also everyone else's fault that he got hooked on the babania. Not his fault. Even though, he pushed to get Joe on the Di Lapi hit for his own selfish reasons.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.