I purchased the directors cut. If you have seen the original, and enjoyed it, and own it (which I assume you do), I would say buy it. The directors cut isn't as good as the theatrical cut, and they basically just edited in the deleted scenes from the original DVD release, as well as a few extra camera tricks. Although, Kelly also made a few soundtrack changes, which I felt wasn't a smart move. It just felt awkward. I also felt they explained too much this time, and took away the feeling of confusion and possibilities that the film originally had. However, there were some good special features, including a fan-made documentary by this creepy, unhealthily obsessive fan, which is just hilarious.

So, if you are a fan, like myself, deffinately buy it, but don't expect it to be better than the original.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."