Yeah, there is, no where near as well known as the East and South Coast cells though. Tony Vellelonga, the mayor of the Stirling, outside of Perth, was recently caught up in scandal involving his links to Calabria. The Brown and Macera reports name some bosses, but these reports are yet to be released in their entirety, though I believe they are referring to the Rispoli and Tudori families. Professional gambler Ralph Romeo is said to be a relative of the Romeo's of Adelaide and Griffith. The reports also reference a Sicilian family. Not sure yet how he fit in, but a Sicilian named Paul Musarri was pretty deep into dealing hard drugs in the '70's and early '80's. I'll admit I haven't done a lot of research on WA compared to other cells in Australia.
Joe Arena aka The Friendly Godfather was close to Liborio Benvenuto and for a time was considered a viable successor, but he died in the late '80's. He operated primarily as a money-launderer, IIRC.
Gianfranco Tizzoni would by American parlance I guess count as an associate. He was a Northern Italian, and worked many different trades before getting involved with Trimbole and one Archie Molinaro in what started as a legitimate poker machine business (Molinaro is not connected, BTW). When he flipped, he named a lot of names, but later recanted and ended up only fingering Bazley, Trimbole and gun dealer George Joseph, who originally put Tizzoni in contact with Bazley.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 08/03/15 04:43 AM.

(cough.)