Originally Posted By: pmac
The thing Boston wiseguys all the way out to Springfield and imbetween is there places in the state pen. I said my crazy friend in the feds wasn't impressed by by.

Little known fact, and I've posted it before. But the Westside pipeline didn't run up I95, it ran up the Taconic.

It's been reported a million times that Fat Tony spent much of his time up in Rhinebeck when he got older. And that he was practically living there for his last few years on the street. But the truth is, he had property up there since the fifties, and he encouraged a lot of his closest friends to buy property in Columbia and Dutchess Counties. Because they had a small, but little-known crew up in Pittsfield, which is maybe a half hour ride up the Taconic.

Manhattan-the Bronx-White Plains-Rhinebeck-Pittsfield-Springfield. That was the way it ran from at least the early '60s through the late '80s.

The Pittsfield crew is gone altogether now except for an ancient Westsider who's happy to loan a little money here and there. It's funny because I just mentioned him the other day. He's gotta be ninety and he still wears tailored clothes, God love him smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.