@dsbaloo - I agree... Something isn't right. Only thing I can think of is that Nicodemo was planning on ditching the gun and mask at another location away from the shooting scene shortly after stopping at home. Why he needed to stop at home first before dumping the evidence is beyond me, but he must have simply thought that he had some time and possibly made some phone calls from home to have an alibi or something like that (just trying to offer some sort of scenario to explain him going home post-hit before dumping gun and mask). That makes me wonder though why Dom didn't just drop the gun right there on the street after he popped Gino? Or even simply throw the gun and mask a couple blocks away while he was dropping Dom off or on his way back to his own house? That's what all those guys did in the past hits from Scarfo going forward. Just don't get it... Also, I agree with the idea that coke/meth wouldn't have any negative effect on them being able to successfully carry out the hit let alone simply toss the gun at the scene or somewhere close by on the way from the scene of the hit.