Stewart John Regan aka Nano the Magician/The Magician (people close to him were always disappearing). He was involved with the loose coalition of crims, the so called Toe-Cutters Gang, and one himself (that is, a criminal who preyed on other criminals). He was also involved in prostitution and organised theft rackets. I believe he also had some involvement in real-estate (obviously on the dodgy side tongue ).
Even though James Linus Driscoll aka The Pom was convicted of the Jake Mahoney murder, several sources cite Regan as his true killer. I think it was '74 he died. He was a true nut-bag and hard man, like most of the figures involved in the scene around that time.
That's really about it, off the top of my head. I must apologise, I'm typing on a new computer and still waiting for old hard-drives to arrive, and unpacking all my books. I'd recommend the Gangland Australia series and Shotgun and Standover, both co-written by James Morton, for some more insight into the Sydney scene in the '70's.
If you are still interested, I can post more when I can access all my old shit.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 07/31/15 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling

(cough.)