I survived the three day VidconYouTube event !!! There should be a shirt for that or a flask. Here is my review:

First of all, I must say that the security was top notch. You couldn't walk ten feet without bumping into security. As a parent, I felt comfortable letting my 14 year old daughter and her two friends sit in a panel by themselves. Of course, I was waiting or walking around nearby but I didn't have to be one of those helicopter Moms, right on top of them. My daughter said that while she was waiting in a seat for me to walk back from the ladies room, a guard sat a seat away from her until I got there. So that was definitely a plus.
A+ for security

They had a cozy area for parents to sit and relax. Very nice.
A

The crowd was pretty mellow but I have to say that the selfies and recording themselves on their phones were bothersome. No doubt, I got in at least thirty of the selfies because you couldn't avoid these people.
C

Waiting in the lines for the signing and selfie with the YouTuber you have scheduled to meet could have run much smoother if you ask me. I am planning to write to Vidcon to improve this part of the event. You seriously have to wait on line for up to 3 hours. They need to group them into two or three groups so that you only wait about an hour in line. I calculated it on my stopwatch. It took about 1min 19 sec for each person in line to get a selfie and signature. Some you tubers were more efficient taking only 35 secs. You can get this down to a science. Too much time wasting.
D

There is a drop off/loading area that really makes it convenient for parents. I had to go home so my hubby drove the car up, we traded places and he stayed with the girls while I went on my way. Easy squeezy.
A+

The food trucks were good. There were a ton of restaurants nearby to walk to and the convention center had a few places inside to grab a bite to eat. No alcohol that I could find.
A
D for no wine bar

I booked a hotel room for a few days which really was nice. You walk out the hotel, Bam, there you go, you're right across from the convention center. They were at full capacity so there was a wait at the elevators, the movies ran out and at times the pool was closed for a private party. To me, it was to be expected but to my husband he was pissed so he went home. Once, I did walk up 12 flights of stairs though, ugh. That was tough.
It cost 24 bucks to valet the car each night and I had to go home 3x so that cost me $30 extra since you figure you got to tip the guy a 5 each time. But to me, it's all about convenience and peace of mind.
B

The fact that my daughter and her two friends had the time of their 14 year old lives.
Priceless

We did have an incident. A guy who was completely drunk off his ass, came up to us, specifically my daughter's friend wanting to eat a slice of her pizza. He asked for it. I waited to see what she would say as she looked a little scared. She just said no. He asked her for the crust. I told the guy she said no. You're bothering us now. He asked again so I told him move along. He stood there all dazed and then decided to take my advice. I really think if I wasn't there he may have tried to reach for the pizza.

All in all, Vidcon made all those teens and young adults very happy.

Front

Waiting in line for the signing

Inside

One of the concerts

View of convention center and Disneyland from hotel room

My favorite part of trip