Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
That St Louis chart is complete nonsense. Anyone who thinks that family still has 20+ members is out to lunch. More like 2 or 3 at this point.

The only Mafia left in Saint Louis is Anheuser-Busch. They own the fucking breweries and they STILL charge $8.00 for a tall boy in a plastic cup at Cardinals games. And this was five or six years ago when I was out there for a Mets game. God only knows what they charge now lol.

How true. The St Louis family is dead, only 4 left by my count.

PB - next time you are in St Louis, go take the AB brewery tour. I have not been in a few years, but they give you about 20 minutes to sample all the different products at the end of the tour, all free of charge. Same thing at Grant's Farm, the Busch family estate with its own zoo that is open to the public. Times have changed, and I have no idea if they are still doing it.

When I was 16, bleacher seats at the old Busch Stadium were $1.35.

Also, if you had the money, anyone could buy "a tasty cold Budweiser" (which Cardinals radio announcer Mike Shannon suggested that it was time for between every pitch). When I was a kid, a beer was $0.55 if my memory serves me. Regardless of age. I made about 2 million trips to the beer stand for my Dad, Grandfather and Uncles, so they would not miss any action.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.