GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 656 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,930
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,616
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,467
Posts1,061,481
Members10,349
Most Online998
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852380
07/21/15 12:40 PM
07/21/15 12:40 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
De Vito simply wanted his piece of the pie after coming home from all those years in prison, Arcadi told him to fuck himself and then had his boss murdered.

When was this, exactly?

I have to clarify, De Vito was on the run for the same scheme, he didn't serve time until he was caught, my mistake. But during this time, De Vito blamed the Rizzuto clan for the seizure of the cocaine by the RCMP, Gervasi was killed in '04, after his own money dispute with Arcadi. After this, De Vito himself and his ally Colapelle stopped kicking up to the Rizzutos. All of this is stated in Business And Blood. And Arcadi is just looked upon by some Rizzuto loyalists as unloyal and incapable of steering the ship.

@TommyGambino, No one rats publicly. But I'm sure just like in NY and Chicago, there are confidential informants. And guys who feel comfortable saying certain things to a well known Organized Crime reporter as long as he isn't named. Bottom line is, everything points to Vito no longer answering to the Bonannos after Sciascia was killed. And Sciascia wasn't a one off, there was no Bonanno presence at the funerals of Nick Jr and Nicolo.

And I really don't see how Humphreys & Nicaso's claims should be looked at as meritless, as opposed to Salvatore Vitale, when both Nicaso & Humphreys are two of the best and most knowledgeable experts of Canadian OC.

Of course, why would there be when they were killed the Rizzuto's had nothing to do with New York for years. What I'm saying is did Bonanno guys historically travel to Montreal funerals when they were under NY?

Last edited by TommyGambino; 07/21/15 12:41 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852382
07/21/15 12:47 PM
07/21/15 12:47 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Well, since some of us clearly disvalue the words of two renowned Canadian OC reporters, lets follow the word of the rat Vitale...

- As of the meeting in Montreal with the Bonanno admin consisting of Vitale, the underboss and Anthony Urso, Massino's consigliere and the Rizzutos, Sciascias murder had alienated Massino from The "Sixth Family", physically and emotionally, because with both LoPresti & Sciascia dead, there were no Montreal emissaries based in NY for Massino to go to.

- Massino sent them up there with the hopes of naming Vito, the new Captain of the Montreal faction. Vitale, claims that Vito scoffed at this idea and suggested to him that his 77-year old father, be named captain, something the NY guys didn't want, something Vito was well aware of.

- The author notes that the indifference Vitale and Urso received from Vito, seemed to mark the severing of ties between Montreal and NY. This was in 2001.

- Vitale really had no idea what Montreal was up to, and as an extension, neither did Massino. Vitale claims a captain, is supposed to have up to 10 soldiers in his crew, with as few as 3. Going by that, Vito was clearly offended with this Capo offer, when he commanded twice as many "made" Bonanno members in Canada and perhaps even more Sicilian Mafioso, who had strictly Rizzuto ties, no Bonanno ones. Vito told Vitale that with Sciascias death, 19 made men stood with him. A number that only included those who were made in America, and excluded the guys Vito and his father brought over and inducted themselves.

- Vitale having to ask, how many made men stood with Vito, also supports the fact of the Rizzutos independence. For had they had actually been subordinate to NY, then surely those names would've been known to Massino beforehand. They weren't.

- And here's the nail in the coffin to this Rizzuto kicking up until Massino flipped argument. "I think the last time I was in their presence when they brought money down was approximately '98,'99" Vitale said of the Montreal gangsters." He goes on to say that Montreal MAY have continued to tribute, but that he had no evidence of it and thus could not be sure.

An RCMP report also supports this, in which it states, "After the murder of Sciascia, the envelopes stopped coming from Canada."

Vitale was explicitly told by Vito, "We're our own little family, there's about 18, 20 of us and we stay by ourselves and everybody respects everybody else." Vitale got the message, because when he got back to NY, he told Massino, "They have their own little splinter group".

All of what I just stated, comes directly, more or less word for word from the Sixth Family book. Vito wasn't kicking up to NY anymore after Sciascias murder.

The person that wrote the Sixth Family Book, he got all that directly from Vitale?

Last edited by TommyGambino; 07/21/15 12:47 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: TommyGambino] #852386
07/21/15 01:00 PM
07/21/15 01:00 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
De Vito simply wanted his piece of the pie after coming home from all those years in prison, Arcadi told him to fuck himself and then had his boss murdered.

When was this, exactly?

I have to clarify, De Vito was on the run for the same scheme, he didn't serve time until he was caught, my mistake. But during this time, De Vito blamed the Rizzuto clan for the seizure of the cocaine by the RCMP, Gervasi was killed in '04, after his own money dispute with Arcadi. After this, De Vito himself and his ally Colapelle stopped kicking up to the Rizzutos. All of this is stated in Business And Blood. And Arcadi is just looked upon by some Rizzuto loyalists as unloyal and incapable of steering the ship.

@TommyGambino, No one rats publicly. But I'm sure just like in NY and Chicago, there are confidential informants. And guys who feel comfortable saying certain things to a well known Organized Crime reporter as long as he isn't named. Bottom line is, everything points to Vito no longer answering to the Bonannos after Sciascia was killed. And Sciascia wasn't a one off, there was no Bonanno presence at the funerals of Nick Jr and Nicolo.

And I really don't see how Humphreys & Nicaso's claims should be looked at as meritless, as opposed to Salvatore Vitale, when both Nicaso & Humphreys are two of the best and most knowledgeable experts of Canadian OC.

Of course, why would there be when they were killed the Rizzuto's had nothing to do with New York for years. What I'm saying is did Bonanno guys historically travel to Montreal funerals when they were under NY?

Yes they did, and weddings.

And Lee Lamothe & Adrian Humphreys got all that from Vitale, yes. Because it all comes from his statements made to Law Enforcement and his testimony during the Rizzuto/Three Captains trial. Should those sources be questioned too?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852392
07/21/15 01:40 PM
07/21/15 01:40 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I guess I should have clarified "certain informants"

I would have to look at the timelines...but I believe it was when Vitale was made underboss (in name only) Massino practically cut him out of the "inner circle" and "out of the know" so I'm not sure how much he really knew.

As far as him traveling to see Vito, and Vito saying that to him, that doesnt mean they werent still kicking up.

But it also would make sense after the murder of their guy they may have stopped.

Either way we are just guessing. Both arguments seem plausible.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852397
07/21/15 01:52 PM
07/21/15 01:52 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
He cut him out of his circle, yet sent him to Montreal to meet with what he thought was the Canadian faction of his crime family?

Reading about Canada, knowing what I've come to learn through two well written books on the matter, RCMP investigations and well informed posters on the other forum, themselves very informed about Canadian OC Vito Rizzuto wasn't kicking up to NY. It isn't a guess, everyone whose informed about Canada say the same thing. He stopped kicking up after Sciascia was killed. All of the evidence supports it.

You guys were just willing to use Vitale and his supposed claim of "Vito kicking up until Massino flipped" as proof of Montreal kicking up. Yet when I use his same statements, which point to them not kicking up, now Vitale didn't know much. The guy clearly told Law Enforcement that the last time a kick up was made that he knew about was between 1998 and '99. And that he had nothing to show him definitively, that the Rizzutos still paid tribute to NY. And they didn't, and I strongly believe that.

Bottom line is this, The Bonannos have no power in Canada, there isn't anyone out there, according to recent RCMP reports representing them. And the Rizzuto Crime Family is a family of its own.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 01:57 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852401
07/21/15 02:18 PM
07/21/15 02:18 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
He cut him out of his circle, yet sent him to Montreal to meet with what he thought was the Canadian faction of his crime family?

Reading about Canada, knowing what I've come to learn through two well written books on the matter, RCMP investigations and well informed posters on the other forum, themselves very informed about Canadian OC Vito Rizzuto wasn't kicking up to NY. It isn't a guess, everyone whose informed about Canada say the same thing. He stopped kicking up after Sciascia was killed. All of the evidence supports it.

You guys were just willing to use Vitale and his supposed claim of "Vito kicking up until Massino flipped" as proof of Montreal kicking up. Yet when I use his same statements, which point to them not kicking up, now Vitale didn't know much. The guy clearly told Law Enforcement that the last time a kick up was made that he knew about was between 1998 and '99. And that he had nothing to show him definitively, that the Rizzutos still paid tribute to NY. And they didn't, and I strongly believe that.

Bottom line is this, The Bonannos have no power in Canada, there isn't anyone out there, according to recent RCMP reports representing them. And the Rizzuto Crime Family is a family of its own.

You are contradicting yourself.

How are these two the same...??

-Bonannos still have power in Canada today.

-Canada still kicked up to NY at least up until Massino flipped(which was over a decade ago)

I think you are even confusing yourself, chief.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852402
07/21/15 02:25 PM
07/21/15 02:25 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
The Bonannos have no power in Canada, there isn't anyone out there, according to recent RCMP reports representing them. And the Rizzuto Crime Family is a family of its own.

+1
Its doubtful there was any relationship post Sciascia but almost certain any remaining ties were severed post Joe flipping.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Blackjack2121] #852404
07/21/15 02:46 PM
07/21/15 02:46 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

-Canada still kicked up to NY at least up until Massino flipped(which was over a decade ago)

Uhm, no, the only thing I'm confused about is where you got those two statements from.

What are you attempting to say? Where did I even remotely say that Bonannos still had power in Canada today? Pretty sure I said quite the opposite. I also said that judging from everything I've learned in regards to Canada, which I think has been quite a bit over the years, that the Rizzutos STOPPED kicking up to NY Bonannos and that along with the severing of their ties, that this occurred after Gerlando Sciascia was killed. Thats actually what I said. So where are these contradictions coming from?

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 02:53 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852406
07/21/15 02:57 PM
07/21/15 02:57 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ Blackjack: yeah, you missed me too with your last post.

I read Sinatra's post as quite the opposite.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: TommyGambino] #852443
07/21/15 05:17 PM
07/21/15 05:17 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Well, since some of us clearly disvalue the words of two renowned Canadian OC reporters, lets follow the word of the rat Vitale...

- As of the meeting in Montreal with the Bonanno admin consisting of Vitale, the underboss and Anthony Urso, Massino's consigliere and the Rizzutos, Sciascias murder had alienated Massino from The "Sixth Family", physically and emotionally, because with both LoPresti & Sciascia dead, there were no Montreal emissaries based in NY for Massino to go to.

- Massino sent them up there with the hopes of naming Vito, the new Captain of the Montreal faction. Vitale, claims that Vito scoffed at this idea and suggested to him that his 77-year old father, be named captain, something the NY guys didn't want, something Vito was well aware of.

- The author notes that the indifference Vitale and Urso received from Vito, seemed to mark the severing of ties between Montreal and NY. This was in 2001.

- Vitale really had no idea what Montreal was up to, and as an extension, neither did Massino. Vitale claims a captain, is supposed to have up to 10 soldiers in his crew, with as few as 3. Going by that, Vito was clearly offended with this Capo offer, when he commanded twice as many "made" Bonanno members in Canada and perhaps even more Sicilian Mafioso, who had strictly Rizzuto ties, no Bonanno ones. Vito told Vitale that with Sciascias death, 19 made men stood with him. A number that only included those who were made in America, and excluded the guys Vito and his father brought over and inducted themselves.

- Vitale having to ask, how many made men stood with Vito, also supports the fact of the Rizzutos independence. For had they had actually been subordinate to NY, then surely those names would've been known to Massino beforehand. They weren't.

- And here's the nail in the coffin to this Rizzuto kicking up until Massino flipped argument. "I think the last time I was in their presence when they brought money down was approximately '98,'99" Vitale said of the Montreal gangsters." He goes on to say that Montreal MAY have continued to tribute, but that he had no evidence of it and thus could not be sure.

An RCMP report also supports this, in which it states, "After the murder of Sciascia, the envelopes stopped coming from Canada."

Vitale was explicitly told by Vito, "We're our own little family, there's about 18, 20 of us and we stay by ourselves and everybody respects everybody else." Vitale got the message, because when he got back to NY, he told Massino, "They have their own little splinter group".

All of what I just stated, comes directly, more or less word for word from the Sixth Family book. Vito wasn't kicking up to NY anymore after Sciascias murder.

The person that wrote the Sixth Family Book, he got all that directly from Vitale?

Just to be clear,Vitales statements about Massino's entreaty to Vito to be made Caporegime was told by Vitale in the USA V. Patty DeFillipo trial in '06 and supported by confidential police files. The end of the tributes from Montreal to NY comes from a private RCMP briefing, the authors (Lee Lamothe & Adrian Humphreys) were clearly granted access to. The statements Vito made to Vitale about Montreal being its own Family were revealed by Vitale in USA V. Vincent Basciano on March 1, 2006.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852451
07/21/15 05:50 PM
07/21/15 05:50 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Just to be clear,Vitales statements about Massino's entreaty to Vito to be made Caporegime was told by Vitale in the USA V. Patty DeFillipo trial in '06 and supported by confidential police files. The end of the tributes from Montreal to NY comes from a private RCMP briefing, the authors (Lee Lamothe & Adrian Humphreys) were clearly granted access to. The statements Vito made to Vitale about Montreal being its own Family were revealed by Vitale in USA V. Vincent Basciano on March 1, 2006.

Thanks for the info, like I said I've read little of the Bonnano-Rizzuto saga, really interesting stuff.

Is there not a transcript of Vitale & Massino testimony similar to Scars available online?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: TommyGambino] #852452
07/21/15 05:54 PM
07/21/15 05:54 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk

Thanks for the info, like I said I've read little of the Bonnano-Rizzuto saga, really interesting stuff.

Is there not a transcript of Vitale & Massino testimony similar to Scars available online?
think I've got the vitale one somewhere , never seen the massino one though

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852454
07/21/15 05:59 PM
07/21/15 05:59 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Uhm, no, the only thing I'm confused about is where you got those two statements from.

What are you attempting to say? Where did I even remotely say that Bonannos still had power in Canada today? Pretty sure I said quite the opposite. I also said that judging from everything I've learned in regards to Canada, which I think has been quite a bit over the years, that the Rizzutos STOPPED kicking up to NY Bonannos and that along with the severing of their ties, that this occurred after Gerlando Sciascia was killed. Thats actually what I said. So where are these contradictions coming from?

My fault for not re-stating my argument

but my argument never was that there was still NY influence and connection and Canada kicking up in 2015...But that they still did after the hit on their guy...

So I took it as you, acting like I was saying they were still kicking up today, so I put up my opinion on the matter to your last statement, which I thought was in part...directed at me

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852458
07/21/15 06:10 PM
07/21/15 06:10 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Vito must have looked st the americans as rat pieces of shit towards the end.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852460
07/21/15 06:26 PM
07/21/15 06:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Does any one have any theory as to how Mike nose becomes elected boss in jail. How could he pole the capos in his family. Guy was doing 15 yrs. Is he related to someone big. I mean these rules been around forever ethier the other families elect the boss or the family's capos. Especially in that family were so many guys tried power plays to take over as boss to be killed. Why elect a boss who isn't on the street and isn't coming home for awhile just doesn't make lcn sense.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852461
07/21/15 06:28 PM
07/21/15 06:28 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I hate to get in the Vito rizzutto was so powerful well guess what his whole fucking family got slaughtered America or candian or whatever. No one kill any of gottis kids or chins ect.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852465
07/21/15 06:33 PM
07/21/15 06:33 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
And Lee Lamothe & Adrian Humphreys got all that from Vitale, yes. Because it all comes from his statements made to Law Enforcement and his testimony during the Rizzuto/Three Captains trial. Should those sources be questioned too?

All sources should be questioned, especially informers.

In an earlier post you said Vitale was blowing smoke.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #852467
07/21/15 06:37 PM
07/21/15 06:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
I also find it interesting how you specify canadian journalist. As if a canadian journalist wouldnt be the authority on Canadian OC (as opposed to say who? A US one?).

And in addition, Montreal journalists are often better informed than the ones from Toronto when it comes to the Montreal Mafia. Ironically, they've been less pro-Rizzuto than their Toronto colleagues.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Sonny_Black] #852469
07/21/15 06:49 PM
07/21/15 06:49 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Actually, that was specifically in response to someone's statement that Vitale said the Rizzutos kicked up to NY until 2006.

His quotes made during various testimonies don't support that though. All I've seen is him stating the '98-'99 thing. I don't see much reason to question things like RCMP reports and court testimony, at least not when there's evidence to support it.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 07:16 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852470
07/21/15 06:50 PM
07/21/15 06:50 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Vic oreana was on the street 1991 he told his consig sessa to pole the capos so he could go to the other bosses and have them dethrown Carmine persico who locked up in Cali. I'm sure sessa regretted snitching on lil Vic who was he friend cause it went down hill real fast and the rest is history. Vinny basciano must have had some role in it.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: pmac] #852472
07/21/15 07:00 PM
07/21/15 07:00 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
I hate to get in the Vito rizzutto was so powerful well guess what his whole fucking family got slaughtered America or candian or whatever. No one kill any of gottis kids or chins ect.

One of his sons were killed, as well as his father, and a brother in law. That's not his whole family. And the fact that not one move was made against his immediate family and his crime family until after he was convicted and extradited to a US Prison, is a testimony to his power, is it not?

And the majority of those believed to have been mainly responsible in the killings of his son, father and brother in law and the war against his organization, all ended up dead after his release. The ones who played the fence during the war, all ended up dead after his release. Granted its tough to say how many of those were actually on Rizzutos call, but the common belief from Canadian Law Enforcement and Canadian OC experts, is that it was Vito's doing. He proved to be a lot more powerful in many aspects than your average NY Mob boss. A lot of that can be attributed to their environment. But I don't think his power can just be written off like that. I disagree with you on this one, pmac.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 07:03 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: SinatraClub] #852473
07/21/15 07:01 PM
07/21/15 07:01 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

In regards to someone stating that he kicked up to Massino until Massino flipped. I also said if he actually said that.

His quotes made during various testimonies don't support that though. All I've seen is him stating the '98-'99 thing. I don't see much reason to question things like RCMP reports and court testimony, at least not when there's evidence to support it.

So if Vitale would've said that the Rizzutos continued to pay tribute you think he would be blowing smoke? Does that mean that you choose what statements you want to believe and what not? Just curious.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Sonny_Black] #852477
07/21/15 07:11 PM
07/21/15 07:11 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

In regards to someone stating that he kicked up to Massino until Massino flipped. I also said if he actually said that.

So if Vitale would've said that the Rizzutos continued to pay tribute you think he would be blowing smoke? Does that mean that you choose what statements you want to believe and what not? Just curious.

If Vitale said that and it was supported by the views of Canadian authority on the matter, his claims would hold merit with me.

But its not just Vitale, if Vitale said that the Rizzutos continued to kick up until 2006, the reason its hard for me to believe that is because all the authorities on the matter don't share that opinion.

It isn't just Vitales word, its also that of the OC reporters from Canada, RCMP reports, and Vitales own testimony, which would contradict the "they kicked up until Massino flipped" claim, as well as them kicking up until 2006.

Do you get what I'm saying? There's nothing, nothing from the RCMP, from Humphreys, Lamothe or Nicaso, that supports the claim of the Rizzutos kicking up after Sciascias death, or until Massino flipped, or until 2006. Nothing I've come across anyway, which is why to me, that claim would be highly questionable.

But I don't even see Vitale saying that, as one of the sources I named, have him quoted stating that the last kick up he was aware of was between 1998 and 1999.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 07:18 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: pmac] #852478
07/21/15 07:19 PM
07/21/15 07:19 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Vic oreana was on the street 1991 he told his consig sessa to pole the capos so he could go to the other bosses and have them dethrown Carmine persico who locked up in Cali. I'm sure sessa regretted snitching on lil Vic who was he friend cause it went down hill real fast and the rest is history. Vinny basciano must have had some role in it.

Why didn't Sessa just poll the capos?

Sessa must have known Persico would order him to whack his friend Orena?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852479
07/21/15 07:26 PM
07/21/15 07:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

It was oreana and persico decision to make sessa consig. Guess sessa probaly wanted to be bumped to acting boss if oreanas gone. Read the 2 were real tight.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852480
07/21/15 07:30 PM
07/21/15 07:30 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
If Vitale said that and it was supported by the views of Canadian authority on the matter, his claims would hold merit with me.

But its not just Vitale, if Vitale said that the Rizzutos continued to kick up until 2006, the reason its hard for me to believe that is because all the authorities on the matter don't share that opinion.

It isn't just Vitales word, its also that of the OC reporters from Canada, RCMP reports, and Vitales own testimony, which would contradict the "they kicked up until Massino flipped" claim, as well as them kicking up until 2006.

Do you get what I'm saying? There's nothing, nothing from the RCMP, from Humphreys, Lamothe or Nicaso, that supports the claim of the Rizzutos kicking up after Sciascias death, or until Massino flipped, or until 2006. Nothing I've come across anyway, which is why to me, that claim would be highly questionable.

But I don't even see Vitale saying that, as one of the sources I named, have him quoted stating that the last kick up he was aware of was between 1998 and 1999.

The thing is, the opinion of these authors concerning this is based solely on Vitale's testimony, and Vitale basically said that he didn't know whether the Rizzutos were still kicking up after Sciascia's death. He might have been right, but it's also been said that at some point Vitale was kept in the dark by Massino because he was not held in high regard by him and the other capos and that his role as underboss was mostly ceremonial. Ultimately, the highest authority on this matter is Massino himself.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: pmac] #852481
07/21/15 07:33 PM
07/21/15 07:33 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

No denying he was very powerful, especially in the last 15 years of his life.

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852482
07/21/15 07:34 PM
07/21/15 07:34 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Did Rizzuto answer to Sciascia before his death?

Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: thebigfella] #852483
07/21/15 07:38 PM
07/21/15 07:38 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Rizzuto didn't answer to Scaiscia, its confusing because I never got the impression that Sciascia answered to Rizzuto either. I think they thought of each other as equals. It should be noted that Sciascia was seeking permanent residence in Canada and had a house being built on Mafia Row at the time of his death.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 07/21/15 07:46 PM.
Re: is micheal mancuso boss material? [Re: Sonny_Black] #852484
07/21/15 07:44 PM
07/21/15 07:44 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

The thing is, the opinion of these authors concerning this is based solely on Vitale's testimony, and Vitale basically said that he didn't know whether the Rizzutos were still kicking up after Sciascia's death. He might have been right, but it's also been said that at some point Vitale was kept in the dark by Massino because he was not held in high regard by him and the other capos and that his role as underboss was mostly ceremonial. Ultimately, the highest authority on this matter is Massino himself.

As far as the RCMP goes, their information is based on their own investigation and wiretap, according to The Sixth Family. And they too have said in various reports that Rizzuto seemingly stopped kicking up after Sciascia's murder.

But you have a point. Either way, I'm still of the opinion that the Rizzutos weren't kicking up after Sciascia was killed. And I damn sure don't find it at all believable that they were kicking up until 2006.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull