GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Mafia101, Turnbull, 3 invisible), 331 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,238
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,400
Posts1,060,172
Members10,349
Most Online911
25 minutes ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
Re: Joey's in town [Re: mikeyballs211] #851348
07/14/15 06:38 AM
07/14/15 06:38 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Serp and nicky whip i was in ac for bachelor party this past weekend saw Jimmy Norton..but me and my buddies went to Angelos for dinner Sat over by where Scarf inc was...I know I read about them.meeting at Angelonis in phils book but was "Angelos" a spot where they met at too or do I have shit confused..

random trip down memory lane went by the knife and fork too , my gpop lived in Ventnor last few years of his life, absolutely loved the food there

They would go to both of them.But back then Angelonis was not open for lunch so if something was going on and they had to meet with somebody and it was early they went to Angelo's if it was later they would go to Angeloni's ..
And Dante is right about the food ! But the people from out of town go to Angelo's twice as often as Angeloni's I have no clue why ...Angelo's kill it doing 850 dinners on saturday nights in season...where Angeloni's will do 250 ? ? ?
But they were two of the spots in Ducktown where many important meetings were held no doubt ....

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851354
07/14/15 08:21 AM
07/14/15 08:21 AM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Serp
Which has better food, angelo's tavern or Angolini ?

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851355
07/14/15 09:52 AM
07/14/15 09:52 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
The food at Angeloni's is ten times better, hands down. Angelo's is more of a "mainstream" , tourist trap...

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Wilson101] #851357
07/14/15 10:38 AM
07/14/15 10:38 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
You mentioned you live in Collingswood a few times so I know you know the place. I used to live on Maple Ave; same side of Haddon Ave as Tortilla Press, etc.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Let's assume Law Enforcement looks at this site or Scott's site from time to time. And they see that the Philly Mob is meeting at Lutz' restaurant on a friday night. And, it's possible that Merlino will be there, According to Scott Burnsteins article.

You think that small town, after all the hard work they put in to that downtown area is gonna let a bunch of supposed gangsters meet at the corner of their busiest intersection? And not have anything to say about it? I mean, Lutz restaurant aint in the middle of the woods dude. It's on the corner so it only has 3 sides to get in and out of.

And if LE has such a hard on for these guys, you think curiousity wouldn't get the best of them and they take a look? You don't think Lutz is being watched from time to time?

And for the record, I wrote the "LOL" because I don't think Philly guys would meet in Collingswood. restaurant. Just my 2 cents..

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
According to Scott burnsteins recent article that someone posted a link to, there was supposed to be a big "family" meal at fat Angelo lutz restaurant in collingswood. Lol.

I can tell ya with fair certainty that the collingswood shop owners and civic association ain't gonna stand for too many of them meetings, IF it occurred. Anyone who knows collingswood knows it ain't private or secluded. Especially that restaurant.

Nice down here in ventnor this weekend serp.

I live two blocks from Lutz place in Collingswood. What Are you talking about? Not private or secluded? They busted a guy with like four keys of coke who lived across the street from the police station a few years ago. I just don't know what you're getting at

Last edited by NickyWhip; 07/14/15 10:41 AM.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joey's in town [Re: NickyWhip] #851361
07/14/15 11:16 AM
07/14/15 11:16 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
You mentioned you live in Collingswood a few times so I know you know the place. I used to live on Maple Ave; same side of Haddon Ave as Tortilla Press, etc.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Let's assume Law Enforcement looks at this site or Scott's site from time to time. And they see that the Philly Mob is meeting at Lutz' restaurant on a friday night. And, it's possible that Merlino will be there, According to Scott Burnsteins article.

You think that small town, after all the hard work they put in to that downtown area is gonna let a bunch of supposed gangsters meet at the corner of their busiest intersection? And not have anything to say about it? I mean, Lutz restaurant aint in the middle of the woods dude. It's on the corner so it only has 3 sides to get in and out of.

And if LE has such a hard on for these guys, you think curiousity wouldn't get the best of them and they take a look? You don't think Lutz is being watched from time to time?

And for the record, I wrote the "LOL" because I don't think Philly guys would meet in Collingswood. restaurant. Just my 2 cents..

According to Scott burnsteins recent article that someone posted a link to, there was supposed to be a big "family" meal at fat Angelo lutz restaurant in collingswood. Lol.

I can tell ya with fair certainty that the collingswood shop owners and civic association ain't gonna stand for too many of them meetings, IF it occurred. Anyone who knows collingswood knows it ain't private or secluded. Especially that restaurant.

Nice down here in ventnor this weekend serp.

I live two blocks from Lutz place in Collingswood. What Are you talking about? Not private or secluded? They busted a guy with like four keys of coke who lived across the street from the police station a few years ago. I just don't know what you're getting at

I can't remember the details of the article, but wasn't it some sort of homecoming gathering/get together?

You ever think, that's all it is? Not a big secret meeting where hits are discussed.

If Scott could find out about it, I doubt it was a huge secret and meant to be a "mob meeting". These guys are people and just hang out, too.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851371
07/14/15 12:49 PM
07/14/15 12:49 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
I understand what you're saying but I don't think they can or will do anything besides alert the Feds. Everyone all ready knows who Lutz is anyway. The food there is nothing special anyway I prefer Bistro di Marino or il fire for Italian anyway. Not.trying to give you a hard time but there is a lot of shit going on in Collingwood under the radar. The local pigs focus mostly on west c wood and woodlyne area anyway.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851372
07/14/15 12:58 PM
07/14/15 12:58 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Sorry doublepost

Last edited by VegasMikey; 07/14/15 12:59 PM.
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851380
07/14/15 01:37 PM
07/14/15 01:37 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851386
07/14/15 01:57 PM
07/14/15 01:57 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Serp: I've been meaning to ask you, what is/was your opinion of Mayor Matthews? Any inside info you can share...

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Wilson101] #851394
07/14/15 02:56 PM
07/14/15 02:56 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
And that's what I intended to mean; what you said. I don't think Collingswood PD would come in with the battering ram, but you know some of the people would bitch that it's taking away from the atmosphere.

And I know Collingswood has some things going on. It's up the street from Camden.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think they can or will do anything besides alert the Feds. Everyone all ready knows who Lutz is anyway. The food there is nothing special anyway I prefer Bistro di Marino or il fire for Italian anyway. Not.trying to give you a hard time but there is a lot of shit going on in Collingwood under the radar. The local pigs focus mostly on west c wood and woodlyne area anyway.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joey's in town [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #851399
07/14/15 03:53 PM
07/14/15 03:53 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Serp: I've been meaning to ask you, what is/was your opinion of Mayor Matthews? Any inside info you can share...

Can't say nothing ,very very close to someone in my family .And were very close during that time...
See he came from Ducktown !!

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851407
07/14/15 04:19 PM
07/14/15 04:19 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
sorry Serp, I understand

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851408
07/14/15 04:24 PM
07/14/15 04:24 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joey's in town [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #851411
07/14/15 04:28 PM
07/14/15 04:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
sorry Serp, I understand

All cool you had no way of knowing..
His family on one side are Ducktown Italians..and there were many on that side..

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851436
07/14/15 08:48 PM
07/14/15 08:48 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
It must be on his mothers side, because Matthews is a major WASP last name lol.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851441
07/14/15 09:32 PM
07/14/15 09:32 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Shortened from Matthewlocquia... Just kidding.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851442
07/14/15 09:33 PM
07/14/15 09:33 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
If anyone is in northern jersey stay off the garden state... Three lane closure... Horrible accident.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: mightyhealthy] #851444
07/14/15 09:37 PM
07/14/15 09:37 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Shortened from Matthewlocquia... Just kidding.

hmmmmmm

confused

rolleyes

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851470
07/15/15 01:01 AM
07/15/15 01:01 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Lol, sorry. Not my best effort.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: mightyhealthy] #851493
07/15/15 08:48 AM
07/15/15 08:48 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Lol, sorry. Not my best effort.

No sir it was not. If i can save someone from embarrassing themselves by using a joke like that in real life, I have done my job! haha

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851539
07/15/15 01:20 PM
07/15/15 01:20 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
joey merlino obviously doesn't give a fuck about life in jail but do his cohorts

he could've ran shit from florida or just fucking retire

Re: Joey's in town [Re: cookcounty] #851546
07/15/15 01:47 PM
07/15/15 01:47 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
joey merlino obviously doesn't give a fuck about life in jail but do his cohorts

That's why he's back in Florida. There is no evidence that Joey is going to be coming back to Philly full time. He's smartened up over the years. He's positioned his life long friends at the top, guys like Stevie Mazzone and Johnny Chang that he knows he can trust to run the day to day affairs on the street without needing his consent on everything. Plus, he still has the final say on any major decisions from Florida while he tries to give the appearance of an everyday "working man" at his restaurant. I don't believe the meeting that Scott reported about at Fat Angelo's restaurant was necessarily just to talk mob business, I think it was more of just a welcome home party for Joey now that he's finally free of prison and parole restrictions for the first time in 15 years.

Nearly the entire family is back out on the street, and I think Joey realizes if he plays it right and works with guys he may not like (or they may not respect him, either) that there is very good money to be made. It's not the crumpled organization anymore that he wrestled away from Stanfa or took complete control of after Natale flipped -- they have more strength in numbers now and he's got heavy hitters and real earners back on the streets. If the reports about the three man ruling panel while Joey was in prison were true, then I think that shows right there that Skinny is willing to work with guys like Narducci; not just to avoid potential violence, but he knows the earning potential.

The bottom line is this: the federal government won't stop coming after Joey until they have him tucked away in a tiny cell somewhere for the rest of his life, and that's been said a thousand times on this forum and many other similar boards. However, he knows he has a better chance to stay on the streets longer if he stays in Florida, appears to work at his restaurant, and is the ultimate shot caller from afar. Sure, law enforcement will still be all over him in Florida, but if he returns to South Philly, the feds are going to put on a full court press the minute he touches down in the city with the intention of staying for good.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: K1NG6] #851561
07/15/15 02:52 PM
07/15/15 02:52 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
"Now there's a flip-side to that coin" - easy trivia quote

Did the meeting at Fat Ange's Restaurant happen? No one was talking about it on the street. And if you live in this area, people have big mouths. None of the regular reporters talked about it. I don't think it did but I wouldn't be invited anyway.

I am not knocking Scott Burnstein, I liked Phils book and I know for a fact that alot of it was truth. But, some of his articles are regurgitations and speculative add-ons of OLD OLD OLD stories.

On to Merlino as boss from Florida - I speculate - NO WAY. Why?? No way any of those Scarfo guys are going to kick up to him while he's in Florida. I'm sorry but he's gotta be present. I can't even see Borgesi accpeting Merlino being king from Florida.

I can't see him able to hold on.

I think Serp will agree with me on this, the old heads aren't gonna tolerate a flashy, cocky boss, who isn't present. Flashy/cocky got them locked up in the first place.

Philly is volatile and there ain't shit going on around here but drugs/gambling/ and a little shylock. Nothing big.

And LCN Philly doesn't have their arms around it like they did with the street tax. A ton of independent agents/dealers/books in this day. And why deal with the mob, which brings heat on everyone, when you can go through other channels.

I only see this ending one way - a body. Either one of the old Scarfo guys are gonna get banged out to send a message to the others, or One of the young turks are gonna get it.

And remember, there are a few bodies that aren't accounted for over the past few years. All it takes is one slip up, one bust; and one knowledgeable person to roll over. Then, that whole regime goes bye bye.

This isn't NYC. These fuckers are crazy cowboys who were raised up with people shooting each other in broad daylight, public places, in front of their moms, etc. So, don't think they wouldn't drop each other on the street.

Again, this is all speculation....

Originally Posted By: K1NG6
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

That's why he's back in Florida. There is no evidence that Joey is going to be coming back to Philly full time. He's smartened up over the years. He's positioned his life long friends at the top, guys like Stevie Mazzone and Johnny Chang that he knows he can trust to run the day to day affairs on the street without needing his consent on everything. Plus, he still has the final say on any major decisions from Florida while he tries to give the appearance of an everyday "working man" at his restaurant. I don't believe the meeting that Scott reported about at Fat Angelo's restaurant was necessarily just to talk mob business, I think it was more of just a welcome home party for Joey now that he's finally free of prison and parole restrictions for the first time in 15 years.

Nearly the entire family is back out on the street, and I think Joey realizes if he plays it right and works with guys he may not like (or they may not respect him, either) that there is very good money to be made. It's not the crumpled organization anymore that he wrestled away from Stanfa or took complete control of after Natale flipped -- they have more strength in numbers now and he's got heavy hitters and real earners back on the streets. If the reports about the three man ruling panel while Joey was in prison were true, then I think that shows right there that Skinny is willing to work with guys like Narducci; not just to avoid potential violence, but he knows the earning potential.

The bottom line is this: the federal government won't stop coming after Joey until they have him tucked away in a tiny cell somewhere for the rest of his life, and that's been said a thousand times on this forum and many other similar boards. However, he knows he has a better chance to stay on the streets longer if he stays in Florida, appears to work at his restaurant, and is the ultimate shot caller from afar. Sure, law enforcement will still be all over him in Florida, but if he returns to South Philly, the feds are going to put on a full court press the minute he touches down in the city with the intention of staying for good.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851568
07/15/15 03:43 PM
07/15/15 03:43 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Whip agreed for most part, I can not get a definitive answer if he is boss. I get a lot of looks with a eye roll(don't know how to take it)I never asked questions before and I am not going to push now.But the Scarf guys are not kicking up NO WAY !to skinny..

But I do get this from some old friends that do a little book,they say they are still kicking up to the same skipper..Same guys that told me last summer that all was to be kept to a low roar !

I think that there some things that have not been worked out at all ,It's all just festering till something explodes . I really think it will come out real soon with all players out and all almost of restrictions.

I think if there is any chance of Philly doing bizz up north it's coming from the old guard and first to get planted up north will rule. I have never seen anything that proves that Skinny is able to do bizz with others if he has the brains..from what I hear he is same old Skinny ..that comes from people that known him since he was a boy if not a baby..

And let me add ,In order to do business professionally they need the family set up . So someone is boss .
And is this boss going to allow three or four old skippers to run there own family . I don't think so ..

But that would explain whats is going on ! Just the same old mess since Nicky sr left..

Only time will tell or LE !

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/15/15 03:52 PM.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851576
07/15/15 06:14 PM
07/15/15 06:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Is that old guy Chang on the scene. If he's healthy what the hell.else does /80 yr old career criminal mafia dude got to do. Like the old guy limone after getting out 33 yrs In prison he went right back. Had older guys then him driving him around parking his car for him.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851577
07/15/15 06:18 PM
07/15/15 06:18 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I would like think with that amount of guys out after all the time locked up all the murders theyd put there pride apart and select someone as boss so they don't look bad compared to the counter parts the 5 fams. My guess the guys still boss just cause when uncle Joe met with john gambino and the he said joeys the boss. They recorded the whole thing and gambino were OK with it.4 yrs ago.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: pmac] #851582
07/15/15 06:52 PM
07/15/15 06:52 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
I would like think with that amount of guys out after all the time locked up all the murders theyd put there pride apart and select someone as boss so they don't look bad compared to the counter parts the 5 fams. My guess the guys still boss just cause when uncle Joe met with john gambino and the he said joeys the boss. They recorded the whole thing and gambino were OK with it.4 yrs ago.

Right on ! No doubt can not go against the bug "

Re: Joey's in town [Re: pmac] #851596
07/15/15 07:29 PM
07/15/15 07:29 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
My guess the guys still boss just cause when uncle Joe met with john gambino and the he said joeys the boss. They recorded the whole thing and gambino were OK with it.4 yrs ago.

And that's what I'll believe until we hear otherwise. That is the best piece of evidence we have right now and it says Merlino is still active. There are many some reasons posters have given to think he has retired too. But we have Ligambi on tape talking about Merlino proposing guys to be made and saying that Merlino would do the initiation himself when he gets released. So we have solid proof that as of 2010, Merlino is still active (and still in charge). He could of changed his mind since then, but why would he be active for 11 years while in prison then decide to retire less than a year before he is set to be released?

EDIT: I was reading an old article and apparently Ligambi wasn't picked up on tape saying that.
"The memo makes reference to a second restaurant meeting on Oct. 21, 2010, attended by Licata, Fazzini and the cooperator.

During that meeting Licata and Fazzini discussed the structure of the Philadelphia mob and Licata quoted Ligambi about Merlino initiating members when he gets out of jail.

“Licata explained that Merlino is calling the shots from jail,” the memo reads in part."
http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-04/news/31556826_1_crime-family-merlino-racketeering-case

So it was a different meeting with Stefanelli and it was Licata saying this based on what Ligambi said. Interesting.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Joey's in town [Re: NickyWhip] #851627
07/15/15 10:22 PM
07/15/15 10:22 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Very excellent points, Nicky. I would never take Scott's word as gospel; however, I was replying to someone earlier in the thread mentioning the meeting. It was my feeling that if the meeting actually did occur, that it was not particularly about mob business, but more of a welcome home gathering/party. That's just my speculation as well, though.

The only thing I disagree with you is on Joey being the boss. I guess it is nothing more than speculation from all of us until something major shakes out or another indictment is handed down. I've probably said it a hundred times here, but I just can't imagine him giving it up after what he went thru to take control of the family. I think he's smartened up over the last 15 years or so. He's still "Skinny Joey" -- the cocky, celebrity gangster just like you said; however, nobody can say that he hasn't changed somewhat. He's not out looking for the spotlight or the media attention anymore. I don't necessarily understand why the media still loves the guy so much and why he is public fodder more so than any other gangster.

In the end, I'm sure that several of the old guard definitely do not like the guy and have very little or absolutely no respect for him. What do you make of Scott's report several months back that said the Scarfo era guys were kicking up to Stevie out of respect, and that he is essentially bridging the gap between the multiple factions on the street because he is so well liked?

Also, this is for you and Serp: where do you see Faffy lining up when he comes home next summer? Did he have any type of relationship with Chuckie Merlino, or is he in the same camp with the other guys who absolutely hate Joey?

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851649
07/16/15 06:52 AM
07/16/15 06:52 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
King : I was told that Tommy and Faffy were twisting the knife that was in Chuckie's back and gained monetarily from his knocked down so I'm sure there was no love lost !

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull