Originally Posted By: M_Martino
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Outside of the NY families and the remaining smaller ones near to them (Jersey, Philly, New England) there isn't much interaction elsewhere between families because there isn't much left elsewhere period.

Exactly.

The eight families in the Northeast (NY, Philly, Jersey, New England) are the most active and the only families that due to their proximity seem to still have a loose affiliation with one another. Also, the Northeast having the largest Italian-American population provides a strong recruiting pool, albeit a much smaller one than in the past.

I could be wrong, but it seems what's left of Chicago and Detroit are entirely separate entities from the rest of LCN. Meaning, you have this cluster of eight families in the NE, so again, there are cases of interaction and shared interests. But I doubt there's any communication between the NE and remaining Midwest guys. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was still some interaction between Chi and Detroit.

I should also add that Nicky Skins did meet with New England acting boss Anthony DiNunzio. Another example of connections between a NY family and one of the three smaller remaining families in the Northeast.

I should add that Bonanno soldier Vinny Faraci was involved in the Outfit-connected Crazy Horse strip club bust in Vegas back in 2003 but that's one of maybe 2 or 3 examples I can think of going back several years now and very much the exception to the rule.

There was a time when there were strong interconnections between the families on a national scale. When guys from nearly every family could meet at a place like Apalachin. But as the years went on, and most families have all but disappeared, there aren't many guys left who know each other or have reason to meet. Outside of the Northeast, the Outfit is sort of on an island by itself in Chicago. The same could generally be said of whatever is left of the mob in Detroit.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.