Gets, I knew you'd provide good suggestions. I can think of a few others, but they probably wouldn't be as popular as your ideas.

*Outsourcing. Many first world businesses outsource to third world countries. Certainly Haiti could be considered a place to outsource to. Outsourcing businesses would train their employees in English or whatever language that would be used. Police would have to take a greater role to prevent vandalism, theft, etc. of these companies and to take a proactive role so that the employees are not crime victims since Haiti has a much higher crime rate.

*Change in legal system. Increase the police forces and root out corruption, but challenging since the country is too poor to cover this.

*Sue France. France refused to recognize Haiti until 1825, after it demanded 150 million gold francs, later lowered to 90 million. Haiti was forced to do this because it was held hostage by an embargo by France with the support of the U.S. and the U.K. Haiti was not able to pay off this demand until 1947 -- 122 years later. This sort of extortionate demand was not made of other freed countries it is primarily due to...yes...racism. It devastated the Haitian economy is part of the reason it remains impoverished today. This is a major reason for Haiti's deforestation since it used timber to pay off the massive debt to France.

*License logging. I don't know if the Haitian government is already doing this, but if it isn't, it should. The government is too poor to watch all the land, so let private loggers do it. Licensed loggers would be required to plant two trees for every one they remove, and they'd be deputized and armed to protect themselves from illegal loggers.

*Change the constitution. This is another one I haven't checked, but if it's based on the Napoleonic Code, then it's got to go. Under the Napoleonic Code people can be guilty before declared innocent. My suggestion would be to change it to be more like the U.S. Constitution, but under God and not secular.

*Change the education system. Teaching English is a great idea (as well as Spanish), but I would add STEM classes and eventually certain useful technology classes (agriculture, wood shop/carpentry, metal shop/metallurgy, electronic tech, health/basic nursing, etc). Also, for a moral foundation, teach the Ten Commandments.

Anyway, that's my two cents.