Patrone was with the Hamilton crew the entire time. Magaddino had operatives in the Cotroni faction, his biggest one was none other than Paolo Violi. When Stefano passed away, Violi still maintained contacts with Buffalo through the Hamilton crew, but restricted that familys activities any farther than Hamilton, and also put a target on his back by ticking off Utica. The sicilians were selling drugs in and around the city instead of sending those shipments to new york, Paolo didn't want that and ordered Greco to restrain his crew. After Frank was killed, Galante had a meeting with Violi since he wanted the drugs to be spread in Montreal. Paolo said no. This meeting was told by Galante when he went to San Jose to get Joe Cerrito support for being boss instead of Rustelli of the Bonannos. Carmine told the story in front of the Cerrito brothers, Figlia, Adragna, Vasselo, and a couple of others that I can not recall right now. Cerrito and Rustelli never liked each other. When Paolo still didn't do what Galante wanted, Carmine instructed Rizzuto and Renda to get the ball rolling if Carmine went to jail, so he would have an alibi. Violi was invited to a card game at a place he once owned and sold to Manno, that is were he was killed. The rest of Magaddino operatives went to the Hamilton crew. This was a time when Buffalo was in turmoil for the boss positions, and those that were loyal to Stefano felt safer with the Hamilton crew instead going into the states.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green