Sonny_Black, the Cotroni were the powerhouse up in Montreal, you had sicilians led by Luigi Greco, and Neapoliteans led by Marco Forgione. Galante formed those groups up there into one crew, but Stefano Magaddino put those that he trusted into the Cotroni faction. Forgione faction stopped operating in the mid to late 1960's for whatever reason. By the start of the 1970s you had the Cotroni faction led by Vic who remained boss with Violi as Underboss of the family. Luigi was still head of the sicilians, but was relying more on Cun-trere and Rizzuto before retiring in the early 1970s. Renda did not enter the picture till after Paolo brother Frank was killed in 75'.
SB, even though Joe and Moreno are gone, I do not believe that the Cotroni faction is gone, maybe in name only and the switched ton a different name. They still have Pietro, Stefano, and a couple of others that go back all the way to the 1970s. Only time will tell.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green