Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Are they really that far in front?

I was speaking in general terms, Tommy. Not necessarily germane to the Mafia. But if you're asking me if there's a somewhat sizeable gap between the Genovese and Gambino families today, I would have to say yes because of the Carpenters, The ILA, and the Waterfront.

Plus, the Genoveses been able to able to make some inroads into some old locals that were so so off limits ten years ago that it was unthinkable. I wouldn't have taken 100 to 1 odds on such things happening (not that it will ever be what it once was).

The Gambinos have regrouped, they have a great guy at the helm, and they're in the best shape they've been in since the '80s. But they're always at risk of being one International drug bust away from dropping a notch.

In short, they're not #1 and #1A. They're definitely #1 and #2.

Oh, I'm not saying it's really close between the two, just that the gap has been closed in the last 5 years, the Genovese were absolutely miles ahead in the 90's/early 2000's.

You're right, these international drug busts will hurt the Gambino's, they were lucky with the recent big drug bust, just a matter of time before the 18th ave crew go down on heroin/coke charges. just my opinion.

Westside tend to steer clear of dope, they have high end weed guys like Sally Ko but doubt any big dope guys, the admin will have laid down the rules.