Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Guys: I am not a writer, i am not a troll,dam i am not even a smart guy,(just a guy that was fortunate in my business) I am not a researcher, so what i am going to say is from a guy that grew up on a city block not 100 feet from him.
Phil is just one of those guys that no matter what happen's to him he winds up on his feet.
He does have a concern that his uncle still holds sway.The fact that he did or was going to rat on the west side is always a factor.
The things he says in his book that does "not"talk about the mob is right on.The things that he does say about the mob that i know about is right on.(now i do not have a clue what was going on in side that family)cos i was a friend and a neighbor ,not a member.
The comment about him not being a money maker is right ,he did not go out and get rackets .There is a big reason for that ,everything lands on this guys lap.(just one of those guys)The other factor is that he was a almost a 24/7 caretaker(driver bodyguard etc) to Nicky sr.not counting when sr, was away . When sr was away he handled shit pretty good.
I am still very close to all of the family and in the past summer did something for Phil through his inlaws.(This was nothing illegal it was actually mundane)but he has some how landed on his feet again and is doing very well(Before the book)and after.
And do not think for one minute that this guy is week,to this day he will drop you.
As for being one of those rats like Cicale no fuckin way.If Phil wanted he could be doing a movie(and he may once his uncle is gone) he could be running around like Franzese and company, That is not his style.
He was always a clam guy and very smooth,he hardly ever over drank(in excess) and he was often it the bars (Like all of us) it was just the way of life for 20/30 somethings back then.

Great info Serpiente

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."