I've also heard of ticket schemes (concert/sporting events, etc) that the Philly guys are involved with, but I am not aware of the details around that just heard about it. I think other fams in NY and NJ ran similar rackets, but again maybe someone else on here can shed some more details on that one...

Then obviously you've got your labor/union rackets which I think to most of the Families in NY/NJ/Philadelphia have their hands in to various extents. Maybe not less so than in the past but still in it to some degree or other.

I've also heard the Merlino/the Philly guys have their hands in ATMs especially at strip clubs etc charging higher fees and what not but that might not be considered "white collar racket" and may even be legitimate as well I'm just not privy to the details, but the article below delves into that below along with other details around Real Estate and the Philly Fam (clearly the family I watch the closest).... I'm sure the NY fams have all kinds of assorted "white collar" and/or sophisticated rackets and schemes going as well.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-29/news/31111009_1_joey-merlino-mob-boss-la-cosa-nostra

Last edited by PHL_Mob; 06/29/15 02:27 AM.