TKJ,

I have some friends in UK, from different racial and ethnic backgrounds and they all have negative opinions of the "Asian" community in general but Bangladeshis and Sri Lankan people specifically. In America, we mean East Asians when we say Asians, but when people in UK say it, they refer to Southwestern Asians.

It's interesting that these Brits I've spoken to, don't agree on much but they agree that they don't like people from that region.

Intrigued me because it's not for the typical reasons that people would dislike a new ethnic group....like street crimes,etc. In America ...Indians, and by extension..others from the region, generally do exceptionally well in school, are high achievers and are viewed more favorably than other immigrant groups.

My UK buddies all say that Bang. and Sri refuse to assimilate and close themselves off from general society.

As far as the map....where is Jamacian Patois on there? I've walked through Flatbush area years ago and didn't hear discernible English for blocks. smile I heard some English words sprinkled in there but it wasn't English.

just jokes....no offense intended to anybody