I would like to know more about the Solntsevskaya myself, but they have never been touched by trials with exceptioned of the failed one against Mikhailov in Switzerland. The seem to be still the most powerful group that the government still needs or has use for, otherwise they would have suffered the same fate as the Tambovskaya in St Petersburg which suffered a big crackdown after trying to extort money from a friend of the regional governor who is a friend of Putin's.

However, there was one interesting episode in the news not so long ago:

Six robbers held up the n.3 in the organization, Alexandr Averin, in his house; handcuffed him and his wife to the heating battery in the basement, and took away 60500 dollars, 6000 Euro, and some jewels.

To understand what kind of untouchable creature Averin is, you can remember the 2007 episode when he and some of his goons tried to rape a waitress in a restaurant and broke a jaw to a representative of a government agency that provides bodyguards to the president; the guy was the only one among the people present who tried to defend the poor girl. Averin was arrested, wreaked havoc at the police station, broke a printer by throwing it against the wall and cursed continuously at the policemen present. At the end he was acquitted in such a way that he was even allowed to ask for compensation for having been bothered confused

Therefore, I honestly wish the robbers luck and to happily get away with the money.

Does the situation remind anyone the burglary at Tony Accardo's house? One of the major gangsters in a country has been humiliated by small-time criminals (I only hope they won't suffer the same fate as Accardo's robbers).

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."