Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: joey_dice
I am curious to know how you came up with the number 10. It has been 10 since the day I first came on the boards and we have deaths since then, 10 seems to be a magical number which has never been substantiated. Please tell me where and how you came up with that number, tell me what number you started with before subtracting the dead and tell me how you came up with that number. Now I am in no way arguing the that KC is viable which I have stated many times it is not.

By the way the feds have NEVER released any information with the total numbers for KC, not even decades ago your talking out your ass with that one.

As far as I can recall, I've never stated a specific number for Kansas City because there isn't one. Though I don't believe the feds "never" gave an estimate at some point down through the years. Just that there hasn't been any estimates given, nor has Kansas City been on any official list of remaining families, in at least the last 15-20. In fact, it may be back as far as the 1988 "25 Years After Valachi" report where we saw it on any kind of official list.

Now is it completely out of the realm of possibility that KC still has 16 living members? No. It just strikes me as rather unlikely. As stated before, I count something like 24 members/possible members who have died since 2000. Now, for the sake of argument, suppose only half of those were actually made. Add the 16 you are saying are still alive and that's nearly 30 members still living in 2000. 40 if we count all two dozen names on that list of dead since 2000. Does 30-40 KC members still living in 2000 strike you as believable? Heck, even the AmericanMafia article on KC, which has been around since about that time, didn't cite that many members.

As I've also said, look at other families in the Midwest. St. Louis has 2 or 3. Milwaukee would likely be no more than that, if any at all. Cleveland something like 7 or 8. Chicago - the biggest and most active Midwest family - at 30 tops. But Kansas City - which has shown very little activity in recent years - still has 16 members?

Or look at Buffalo. I think few would try to argue that Kansas City has more members left than Buffalo, considering the latter is in the Northeast. The FBI had 23 remaining members in Buffalo in 2006. Now the family has had at least 11 members/possible members die since then which would put them at a dozen or so. Yet KC has more?

Rather than argue with you I am going to say we can agree to disagree. I have stated there are 16 made members left +/- 2. You say there are 2. The others can decide for themselves because I have neither the time or inclination to go through trial testimony and list the names nor do I have FBI certified proof of what I have been told by friends and family members. I do agree that these charts are mostly bullshit and people need to stop looking at them, but I am not one of those people looking at the charts.

Last edited by joey_dice; 06/22/15 04:31 PM.