Originally Posted By: Faithful1
I think a good comparison would be a city council structure instead of a single mayor running a city. In a city council all members are equal, except that one of them acts as mayor for a given period then it goes to another council member. So anyone who is a Genovese caporegime (maybe even acting caporegimes) or above sits on the council if he agrees to. It also means that there's no single guy making the decisions, but there might be a guy who has the final word only because he has the most respect and a lot of experience (first among equals, we might say). Even then, he would rarely need to give that final word. At any rate, in this structure there are several acting bosses at the same time.

That's the best I've ever seen it put to paper. That's how they operate. And they've used this tactic in the past. Like I said in my previous post, QD didn't "invent" the panel.

There may be a "first among equals," if you will. But calling him "The Boss" would only be semantics, or for egotistical purposes. And one thing that family DESPISES is egotism.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.