@Dude

You make a great point. People can post anything on social media, without any context, and the "social justice" warriors will pounce on it with hateful furor.

Without going into specifics, someone really close to me is going through some stuff right now that has been exacerbated by Facebook. Again, without being specific, a picture was taken of this person and their co-worker doing their job as they were trained, but the person who took the picture added a pithy little caption and supposed "back story" to the photograph, and it has pretty much gone viral in their community. People are threatening my friend, calling them a piece of shit and that they better watch their back. It is infuriating because I am well-versed in the training protocols of these individuals, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what is going on in this photograph.

Again, I wish I could be more specific, but out of respect to this person, I am keeping it as vague as possible.

The point is, some low-life piece of shit decided to take a picture, post it anonymously to Facebook (going so far as to post a snapshot from their phone, conveniently hiding their user name), and all these people (who are absolutely not in the know) are blowing up. Thankfully the picture only shows my friend from the back and their identity hasn't gotten out. I can't imagine the type of threats they would be receiving if they knew my friend's identity.

The internet has become one big sandbox for bullies. Now they don't even have to leave the comfort of their own home. They can anonymously lash out at whoever they want, with no consequences.

And don't even get me started on the media's involvement...

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis