Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I mean, look. Is this bad? To we want Mafia controlled companies building highrises in NYC?

No, and like I said in the thread about Giuliani, I loved him as mayor and would have voted for him again (It's funny how Bloomy was against term limits back then). It was only after his post 9/11 self-adulation that Giuliani turned me off.

It's the point. He used his mafia busting reputation to secure the background checks job. And I know for a fact there have been instances where people have been turned down contracts because of who their great uncle or grandfather was.

This happened to a cousin of mine who's as straight arrow as a Tea Partier, but 110% sincere in his convictions. It's not political whatsoever. The kid never had so much as a fucking parking ticket. He poured the concrete at the FEDERAL BUILDING on Quarropas Street in White Plains, yet he was denied a contract in Battery Park City because his grandfather was a skipper on 116th steet (and the kid was only eight years old when his grandfather passed away)

You're all about the downtrodden, equal rights, and a million other liberal causes (and that's all admirable, by the way). So tell me. Is this right? Is this America?

The fucking Kennedys went from running booze to a political dynasty in a single generation. One generation for the Irish is okay, but with the guineas three isn't enough to pour concrete? And it's not lost on me that Giuliani's Italian-American, so please don't go there.

The Irish got here first, with a basic grasp of the language. So they secured the political and city jobs for themselves. And don't get me wrong, the Italians would have done the same thing. It's human fucking nature to take care of your own. But there's still a bias is this country against Italian Americans if they're in a certain industry. Even when they're straight as an arrow. Like my cousin.

What you describe is absolutely not fair. Of course it isn't. I would never say it is.

But you're also a big stop and frisk guy. Should Italians civil liberties be valued more than blacks?

Btw, these are just hypotheticals. I implore you not to take them personally.