Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Mayor Giuliani is cashing in on the mafia ,as he calls it.
He is heading a series special that will run for weeks or months ? It will air on A&E and it starts soon ,and he says how he brought down the mafia.

Not just that, and I've posted his before because very few people know this (but they SHOULD):

It's Giuliani's security company that runs the background checks for the New York City building department today. Every new construction bid in this city has to be approved by his people. This doesn't apply to existing structures (where you can still earn real money). But for the new highrises? It all has to go through him and his people. Wiseguy companies don't have a prayer there. And the cocksucker is on salary for a few million a year.

I mean, look. Is this bad? To we want Mafia controlled companies building highrises in NYC?

That all depends on how much these other guys are charging. If they are keeping costs similar to what the wiseguys did, then, in my opinion, what's the difference if you have wiseguy companies working the sites? I would think that the purpose of keeping the mob out of construction projects would be to bring the costs down, because that's the issue with them. But maybe non-connected companies are keeping the costs down, I doubt it but I don't know for sure.

PB is right when it comes to Rudy. This guy has been milking his mob busting for so long, his whole spiel comes out like bullshit now, especially now that I realize he was a pretty shady fuck to begin with.