Originally Posted By: Skinny
the west side has plenty of young guys. Not just barney

Barney's almost 60, looks every day of it, and he's still not nearly as active as he was before his wife died.

I get everyone's point, but he's a grandfather. People act like he's still the Boy Wonder. But I agree with Skinny's assessment that they have some young guys. The two guys they just made who are with the guy running QD's crew are both in their late 40's. That's young for them.

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
If we are picking a single family, it would undoubtedly be the Genovese.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
A real argument can't be made about any other family (even the Gambinos who are a strong #2)

You won't believe it until you read it in a press release or in Jerry's column, and that's fine. It's your prerogative, you're entitled to it, and I've always given you the respect that you deserve.

But if you're talking about a strong number two, there are areas (especially in the Bronx and in Westchester), where the Luccheses aren't just number 2. To put it into horse racing parlance, they're 1A.

The Luccheses are tied at the hip to the Westside. So if you're saying that the Westside is going to be strong ten years from now (and who really knows anyway?), then you shouldn't discount the Luccheses. My two cents.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.