Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
I mean, it's just people giving their opinion on the LCN scene in Detroit. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think one can argue that it's pretty suspect, that when the case was tried by the local court system, and LE, the D'Anna's got only three months. And it wasn't until the State and the Feds interfered that they were being tried again and this time facing some serious time. It just seems like some palms may have been greased.

Questionable decisions by judges come down all the time. If there was any real influence by the LCN in the local judiciary or law enforcement, the feds would be all over it and there would likely be more evidence than theories that don't go beyond a message board. If any real evidence, especially an indictment ever comes down, I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

What's funny is, when it comes to the Detroit LCN and the lack of mob cases, people are constantly coming up with excuses for why this is. First, it's because the feds have more important investigations than the local mob and they're just ignored. Then, it's because the Detroit mob is paying off local law enforcement and judges and are left alone. Anyone paying attention can see that neither is true.

Exactly. In ny when some mob guys get setenced to community service helping in hurricane sandy relief after being convicted of felonies, or when the acting colombo boss gets sentenced to three months when the feds are asking for years, its obvious the judge is just a dumbass, not that hes getting an envelope.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort