Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Christ man, you had to get Ivy started on his tired old rants that he does about anyone who isnt the Genovese family.

Shit gets old after a while

If it wasn't for the realists like myself on these forums, who take an objective look at the available evidence instead of indulging in the ridiculous assumptions and theories seen so far in this thread, we'd be back to the old days on the OC boards where you had people posting made up charts showing 20 members in St Louis or 30 in Milwaukee. Or claiming they had inside info about this family or that family when they didn't. Well, I guess we still do have that but to a far less degree.

What gets old is people who are too damned lazy or arrogant to do their homework. People who take an incident of mob guys assaulting a rival restaurant owner in Detroit, run with it, and before you know it the Detroit family is able to fly under the radar because they're paying off local judges and law enforcement. Never mind there's no real evidence of any of this. But, hell, why let the available facts get in the way of an exciting theory, right? Where do I get off raining on your parade?

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
I mean, it's just people giving their opinion on the LCN scene in Detroit. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think one can argue that it's pretty suspect, that when the case was tried by the local court system, and LE, the D'Anna's got only three months. And it wasn't until the State and the Feds interfered that they were being tried again and this time facing some serious time. It just seems like some palms may have been greased.

Questionable decisions by judges come down all the time. If there was any real influence by the LCN in the local judiciary or law enforcement, the feds would be all over it and there would likely be more evidence than theories that don't go beyond a message board. If any real evidence, especially an indictment ever comes down, I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

What's funny is, when it comes to the Detroit LCN and the lack of mob cases, people are constantly coming up with excuses for why this is. First, it's because the feds have more important investigations than the local mob and they're just ignored. Then, it's because the Detroit mob is paying off local law enforcement and judges and are left alone. Anyone paying attention can see that neither is true.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/11/15 02:47 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.