Originally Posted By: Vknicks
PB you should really read the article and youll see you not just in a mood and Capeci is grasping at irresponsible journalism

I will, now that I understand what you meant. But even before I read it, I'm going to put it out there that he's running out of stuff to write about, he knows that the heyday is over, and that they'll never be another attention loving media whore boss like John Gotti ever again.

Now, Capeci had been at it for YEARS before Gotti knocked off Castellano. But John Gotti the mob boss is what made Jerry Capeci rich and semi-famous. If not for the Gotti era, and the books that he co-authored with Gene Mustain (and are still in print), Capeci is still banging out a column for a daily. He sure as shit wouldn't have become famous enough to write a weekly Internet column that you have to pay him to read.

And Blackjack is right, I don't think Capeci writes half of what ends up in Gangland every week. The worst part is, back in the late '80s and early '90s, I couldn't wait for the Tuesday Daily News (that's where his column really took off). Today I wouldn't take a gift subscription to his site. But I'm gonna go check out that article about Matty now, Vknicks.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.