Buffalo has a bloody and powerful history before RICO came into effect. Kansas City was powerful too but not as nearly bloody as Buffalo, Extortion.

There many books out there on the mob, only a few are excellent, some are good, while the rest adds things or leaves things out to flow with the writers view points.

Dwalin, There are a few books on Los Angeles, a couple on the LA family, while the rest talks about other families operating or trying to take over the LA area. There are no books on Dallas, San Jose, and San Francisco families, but are mentioned in books about other families doing business with them. I know Johnny of San Jose was going to write a book about his life as an associate to that family a few years ago, but decided not to. I heard Frankie Cigars kid was going to write a book on San Francisco but I have not heard anything since then. I have to look up that Reno book you mentioned, before Las Vegas, the Genovese, Profaci, Buffalo New York, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, and Kansas City families all had interests in that city starting from the early 1920's till Las Vegas became big in 1950 or so.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green