Extortion: You know how it goes when the cat is away the mice will play.Carmine and Allie and Teddy thought it would be best to put Vic there ,one cos he is blood second he does have a good head on his shoulders.
I really think Vic and the captains knew they were doing all the work and they could run a family.
When the boss and the 3or4 guys under him are all away ,the guys running the show start to see dollar signs.
That did happen ,but you had that fuck Scarpa twisting things for so many years. When Scarpa seen a little loop hole he ran with it turned and twisted everything and the Boss's could get no real time info.
This fell right into Scarpas hands cos Vic never trusted this guy and nor did the skippers.
Carmine was getting a load of cash from Scarpa and he was doing hits for him .At the same time he was getting word that Scarpa was bad.But the guy is doing everything under the sun and dropping body's ,(so the boss is thinking maybe the guy with the news is bad)and the skippers are sending word to Carmine that he is bad.
It fell right into Scarpas hands as soon as he got word this news was reaching Carmine.
So Greg twisted and scammed until he got that war started, he knew it was his only shot and if it worked he was going for the top spot.
He almost pulled it off....

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."