Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I would guess that had more to do with being the go between for the Jersey crews and the NY leadership than him being the Genovese "boss" in Jersey.

Exactly what Prisco's position was when a lot of people had him misidentified as being the "The Genovese Boss of Jersey." I mean, seriously, the man was still living in Yonkers at the time, and when he wasn't at home, his every waking moment was at his club in Westchester Square (The Bronx).

Funny thing is, even though Angelo was only the "go-between," Palumbo clearly resented his strength in Jersey (especially at the Port of Newark). It was Palumbo who made the beef on Ange's cousin (Angelo Sangiuolo), who was later murdered as a result.

Don't get me wrong, Sangiulo was guilty as Hell. But being Prisco's cousin really fueled the fire for Palumbo. I heard he took it to Gigante himself---a serious breach of etiquette that surprisingly didn't get him killed himself. But at the time, I guess Vince had bigger fish to fry.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.