Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
They just disagree with you. Just like 90% of the comments here are conservative and they'd surely think you guys are nuts.

There are clearly more conservatives here lately, but five or ten years ago it was the exact opposite. But 90 percent? That's ridiculous. It's more like 65/35. But like most suburban reared liberals, you see conservative boogeymen everywhere.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
People believe certain things and then surround themselves with information that reinforces those beliefs.

That works both ways, and you know it.

All I know is the conservatives on this site call me a liberal and the liberals on this site call me a conservative. And that suits me just fine. It means that I fall somewhere in the middle. Slightly left here, slightly right there. Because in my opinion, the craziest political position you can take in this world is towing the party line straight across the board.

I was a registered Democrat for over thirty years--longer than you've been alive. But I never in my life voted for a candidate just because he or she had a (D) next to their name. I always voted for the person who I thought was the better candidate. And today I'm obviously a very jaded Independent.

And you know I like you a lot, so don't get your panties in a twist tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.