I PERSONALLY believe that the entire Mortarano fiasco was completely planned by Long John....He felt screwed over in the treatment of his son from the organization and how he got his life sentence.....I believe that Long John would have love to get revenge on Scarfo himself BUT, as we eventually saw, he had no intentions of retiring.....So what better way to get revenge then to have someone else do the dirty work that you WANT.

Only the little man himself knows if he had real plans to act but, ask yourself this question. How many people that got popped and had to do jail time, did he actually let live when he was boss?......The Blade got a relatively short sentence and Nicky let him live BUT, he eventually told Leonetti to take him out which Leonetti said he was not gonna do it.

Overall, my guess is YES. He would have whacked Caramandi.....Even if he did his time and took his medicine, eventually, I believe that Scarfo would have eventually got mad over another issue and THEN remembered the drama the crow caused him years ago and Bang!

I remember that Caramandi asked Scarfo to not clip Mickey Diamond only because Caramandi was VERY close with him....Scarfo relented but, eventually took him out.

The ONLY person that I don't think he pondered on whacking was, Nick Jr. but, given his recent conviction, if Nick Jr. decided to cooperate like Leonetti wanted him too, It is possible that he could want to eliminate his own son......It HAS been done in LCN I think 2 times before.

Every other close person he wanted to whack:

Chuckie (Underboss)
Leonetti (Underboss & Nephew)
Virgilio (Friend since childhood I think)
Mrs. Scarfo (His wife)
Joey Merlino (Underboss's son)