Keep in mind that when Michael succeeded John as Boss that Chuckie and Zebo were his "go-to" guys. Although Zebo was part of Jo Jo's original crew, he never made any real money with him. Even though he was Jo Jo's "Arm" he was Pit Boss at 2 of the clubs in West Virgina and then "Watch-dog" at The All American Club and Bernie for quite some time. Zebo also had several dealings with Paul Hankish and Pat Ferruccio.

That was not the case with Michael. Furthermore Zebo knew he had cancer by then and really needed money to treat his illness. Thus he was willing to be made, something he avoided as he never wanted the notoriety. He simply wanted to make money.

Believe me, he was much more than just a soldier. Maybe the last time Michael personally came to Youngstown, with Zebo, he told both Lenny and Joey in person that Zebo spoke for him - period! Lenny and Joey had no voice in the matter. Zebo was the man especially after Joey got wacked. They were concerned that Lenny might be starting another war. Regardless Lenny had Ernie hit, but didn't roll-over until Zebo died for obvious reasons. Only Lenny and the Feds know how he got off the hook so easy. I'm sure neither will give up the real reason why.

I just may have answered King6 question at the same time ;-)

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 05/11/15 04:02 PM.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola