Nice find Oscar. I've heard the story about Strollo and Paul Gains before but had never read into it this much in depth.

I think the end was near for Youngstown regardless of this event, and regardless of the big ship failing (Pittsburgh LCN) in the very near future. This attempted murder definitely moved up the process a couple years, but with both Strollo brothers being so weak and ending up as rats it was only a matter of time. Maybe if Lenny wouldn't have been scared of Joey taking over his businesses before he went to prison. I could be wrong Oscar, but wasn't Lenny only going away for about a year or so? And Joey was already the captain at that time anyway. If he wanted to take Lenny's rackets he could have killed him just as easily, and he didn't. And almost the same scenario with the murder of Ernie Biondillo.

Strollo was down to running with bums like Jeff Riddle who thought that Lenny was gonna 'make' him and he was gonna be the first black guy ever inducted into LCN. If you are gonna ATTEMPT to kill a prosecutor, at least do it right and make sure the gun isn't a piece of shit and actually fires before you go out on the hit and that you've actually killed him before you leave the home.