Brook....

Thanks a million Pal.
Yeah, I knew what "TK" stood for. My family all comes from New Rochelle and some from Patterson NJ, but I went to a Catholic school where everybody was from the Hurst.

Believe it or not I heard about those guys years before they ever became "famous". I'm still in touch with guys I went to third grade with way back in '72. They would visit family up north through the early-mid 1990's when all this shit was going on , then come back to Fl with these amazing stories of people getting shot right in front of their grandparents house.

This is gonna sound real stupid but did you ever hear of a guy they called "Kirk the hook"? He was some guy from that area who lost a hand and had a hook instead. Now comes the real stupid part.....during the disco era he supposedly did a spin on a dance floor and ripped somebodys face up with that hook by accident. They also said he would use the hook to break into houses prying up windows and so fourth.

Anyway, this is some of the crazy shit those Brooklyn guys would tell us when they came back from visiting.

You must remember that Hollywood, Hallandale and Miramar in South Florida was LOADED with Italians that moved down from the northeast. Now, sadly all those areas are "Island" people from Haiti, Bahamas, Trinidad etc. The old "Saint Anthony" feast in Miramar is now the "Carribean Festival" and has been for years.

Thanks again, and if you got any more stories please keep em coming.

Sal