Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Using that argument we can say 'Ndrangheta are well established and flourishing in NY. But they aren't. I'm of the opinion that the CN in Buffalo is a thing of the past, but I'm also of the belief that "the last major bust" isn't an indication of anything one way or the other.

Not really. There have only been a few 'Ndrangheta-related cases in NY in over a decade.

Quote:
And there really hasn't been a lot of mob cases in NY over the recent years, not made guys anyway. Mafia Takedown day was years ago, and not much came out of that other than waterfront investigations and parole violations. Asaro & Co. are being held and penalized over an airport heist from over 30 years ago, that isn't really a good indication of anything current. Associates and fringe players have had various arrests and cases for violations, failed extortion attempts and bookmaking, things like that. Is that a ideal indication of CN activity in NY? I wouldn't necessarily say so. Either way, a person can simply use that "when was the last major bust" argument any way they want and will have a valid point from either side of the spectrum nine times out of ten.

The post above is perfect example of what I mean when people don't follow things closely enough to have any real understanding of the state of things.

"Mafia Takedown" day was only a little over 4 years ago. Hardly ancient history. And to just limit it to made members, in order to make your point, is sort of narrowing the goal posts. But even if we do that, just since Mafia Takedown Day, we've seen the indictments of almost 50 made guys in the NY families:

Bonanno acting boss Vincent "Vinny TV" Badalamenti, Bonanno captains Vincent Asaro, Jerome Asaro, Anthony "The Walker" Frascone, Thomas "Tommy D" DiFiore, Anthony "TG" Graziano, Nicholas "Nicky Mouth" Santora, Bonanno acting captains Vito Balsamo and Jack Bonventre, and Bonanno soldiers Ernest Aiello, Vito Badamo, Vincent Basciano Jr., Anthony Calabrese, Michael Palmaccio, John "Bazoo" Ragano, Anthony "Skinny" Santoro, and Michael "Mike the Butcher" Virtuoso.

Gambino captains Dominic "Big D" Cefalu and Alphonse Trucchio, Gambino acting captain James "Jimmy Boy" Dellaratta, Gambino soldiers Oreste "Ernie Boy" Abbamonte, Anthony Bazzini, Joseph Giordano, Joseph Isgro, Neil Lombardo, James "Tree Top" Outerie, William "Old Man Willy" Pazienza Sr., Joseph "Joey Boy" Sclafani, and Vincent Romano.

Genovese captains Pasquale "Patty Boy" Falcetti, Conrad Ianniello, Joseph "Pepe" LaScala, Daniel "Danny" Pagano, Anthony "Rom" Romanello, and Charles "Chuckie" Tuzzo, and Genovese soldiers Vito Alberti, James Bernardone, Salvatore "Sally KO" Larca, Peter Leconte, Dominick "Pepe" Pientranico, Anthony "Muzzy" Pucciarello, and Joseph "Joe Sass" Sarcinella.

Lucchese soldiers Salvatore Cutaia, Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Jr, Carlo Taccetta, and Joseph Zaffuto.

Colombo consigliere Thomas "Tom Mix" Farese.

I could also go into more detail about the cases themselves since Mafia Takedown day that show the continued significant activity of the mob in NYC but, frankly, it gets old having to do other people's research for them.

It's not about just the "last major bust." It's about what patterns and trends are evident over an extended period of time. Those who have and continue to try to argue there are formally structured, viable, active families in places there aren't have little more than wishful thinking and outdated notions to go on.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/09/15 08:12 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.