Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
It's a pity that non-Italian gangs don't make headlines. I would like especially to see documentaries about the Russian, Albanian and Greek mafia in USA. Why hasn't anybody done a documentary or a book on Alex Rudaj's gang for example? And I thought the Russian mafia could make headlines in newspapers, considering how often it's used as villains in the movies.

I agree with you, Dwalin. But marketing boils down to demand, especially in the publishing industry. Especially today, in the age of e-books. There just isn't enough demand for publishers to hand out advances for books about obscure gangs that aren't likely to appeal to the masses.

However, I mentioned e-books for a reason. I predict that you'll be seeing a lot more e-books about low-end criminals that won't be very credible. Look no further than the Leiber/Cicale joint project as the example. These 80-page e-books are the 21st-century equivalent of the 1950's True Detective magazine (which, ironically, were rarely very true at all).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.