Originally Posted By: Extortion
Why is that people underestimate the Bonnanos and Colombos just because their leadership got put away or is incompetent. I mean all the captains and the crews are still earning and if they need to do a piece of work or a new deal how likely is it they would need to go all the way up to the boss if it is hard and takes too long to reach them?

They have more than 100 made guys and a lot of them are still on the street its not like they just disapeared. The crimes are still happening, I don't think any real serious damage is done unless there is a sweeping indictment that throws a majority of them in prison and even at that point they'd still be a formidable size.

It's not that they're underestimated. It's just that the dropoff between the Luccheses (who are third, yet tied for first in the Bronx and Westchester) and the Bonannos/Colombos is very a big one.

The Luccheses (again, calling them third overall) have much more influence and money than the Bonannos and the Colombos. They're a behemoth in construction with a couple dozen construction millionaires in the family. But it doesn't mean that the Colombos and the Bonannos are done. It's just that the gap is a big one.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.