Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

My solution would be just not to let women serve at all. Let us do it, it's been that way for literally thousands of years. I'm not saying women aren't competent and couldn't theoretically serve, but it's too much hassle and not enough reward. What do we gain by sending women who might not be fit for combat and have to deal with men who would do anything for some ass?

How about we teach men not to rape, and make sure we punish those who do? And it doesn't just happen to women. According to the Pentagon, thirty-eight military men are sexually assaulted every single day. More men are assualted than women, so maybe we should stop letting men serve.Some men might 'do anything for some ass', but rape is a vicious crime and disciplined soldiers should be able to not do it to their comrades.

As for not being fit for combat, sure, not all women are up to it but all men aren't up to it either.

They can more than 'theoretically serve', they have served. Women like Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a sniper with 309 credited kills, or the 'Night Witches' who flew 23,000 bombing sorties against the Nazis. Oh, and a teenage girl you may have heard of- Joan of Arc. Or Nene Hatun, who led a group of women and elderly men armed only with axes and farming equipment against the Russian army in a hand-to-hand fight that ended with around 2000 Russian soldiers being killed. Few men would have the balls to fight against an army with rifles with only an ax but she did.

Last edited by helenwheels; 04/29/15 08:08 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?